Friday, August 26, 2011

Whale Watching and Lover's Point Park

If you are ever here visiting, whale watching is a must do! We were able to see a Humpbacked whale twice, and we were able to watch a mom and baby Orca swimming for quite a long time. It was truly worth every minute of sea-sickness (on my part) and getting soaked to the bone. I wasn't able to get a photo of the Orcas (because I was sick and trying to control the camera), but I was able to capture the tail of the Humpback.

Lover's point is a popular park here in the area. There is a small (and I mean small) beach, a rocky point, and a grassy area that you can grill or picnic at. I have read that this park is the only place to see the sunset on the ocean in the area because of the shape of the bay, maybe we will have to try that sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment