Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fogging

Today its fogging out. 

 Now, I know those of you back home will have no idea what I mean by this, so let me explain. "Fogging" is a term locals use here to describe the unusually thick fog that rolls in from the bay. Now, this is going to be difficult to explain, because there is nothing like this in Minnesota. The fog in Minnesota can be thick, to the point where all you see is white, like a cloud has landed in front of you. The fog here is not thick and white like a cloud, but more like whispy patches of grey rolling inland (at a pretty fast rate). The fog is very dense, and you can feel the moisture in the air as the whisp rolls by. Not only can you feel the moisture from the fog, but without "raining", mind you, the fog distributes moisture creating a dew. Its somewhere in between raining and fog - therefore, fogging. 

Although I have never been to England, I imagine it feels similar and on these days I love to have a hot mug of something ready to warm me up from the chill. Perfect for my extra large Minneapolis Starbucks mug :)



In other news, J* and I finally have our office set up with internet! Hooray! We decided it was unrealistic for me to finish up my bachelors without internet if J* needed to take the car to work everyday, leaving me stuck at home. So, here we are. After months of not having such a luxury, its been fun to get it back again. I did enjoy the simplicity of not having it, although I think it drove J* nuts! I will post a picture of the office once we finish it to our liking.

Before I move on for the day, I wanted to finish catching up on the photos from our friend's week visiting us here. Some of the best photos I haven't posted yet, so even though it has been a while since she was here, I think it is still worth putting them up.

These pictures are from Carmel Mission, you can read up on the history if you would like. It was a really fantastic place to visit if you ever come this way.


















We visited Point Pinos Lighthouse in Pacific Grove, a fun little piece of history! I wish I had taken more photos of the inside, but it was only a $2 donation to get in, so I am sure J* will want to go at some point (He was working when we went).



 Lastly, photos from Big Sur, easily one of my favorite places. After J* and I first drove through Big Sur, we noticed there were several places along the drive where you could pull over and do a little trail walking out onto the cliffs. These are pictures my friend and I took while on the "edge of the earth". 










No comments:

Post a Comment