Today marks our 3rd anniversary as a married couple! I can't believe it. It's funny to think back to three years ago and remember all the things we have done since then!
To celebrate, J* took me to an apple farm about a half an hour away. I have been wanting to pick apples and drink cider since September hit, so I was really excited. I was especially excited when I found out that they were selling Honeycrisp apples inside their barn!
Let me just preface, this apple farm was like nothing I had ever experienced. I am used to green fields with aisles upon aisles of wonderfully large, juicy, sweet apples! Ah! Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face.
This apple farm however, was not any of that! This farm had maybe 25 rows of trees, planted in dirt rather than nice soft grass. The varieties for picking were Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Gala and Pippin....Yuck. (Except the Gala, I usually like Gala but these did not have as much flavor as the ones from the grocery store.)
Anyways, we ended up picking a few of the Gala apples so I could make apple crisp (which I think I will be making today!) We also picked up a half gallon of cider, the redeeming factor for this trip! Mmm, fresh pressed cider is so much better than apple juice!
No comments:
Post a Comment