Friday, November 11, 2011

Again...

Well, after a month of silence I am back! I have given a lot of thought about whether I was going to keep this blog going, and at last have decided its worth another try. This blog was intended to keep our friends and family close as we took an adventure far away. I debated keeping it going because I just didn't feel as though it was doing what I had intended. I realized this was probably because I had done a poor job of making it accessible in my efforts to keep internet safety in mind. I talked with J* about it, and we figured it probably wouldn't hurt to post our posts on Facebook, since we have different security measures enabled there as well.


So, here we are. I am giving this a second try, and hopefully it will work better this time around. I have changed the look too, just because I was in the holiday mood :) Also, we wanted those who read to feel free to leave comments so that we can feel connected with you as well!

For those of you that haven't heard, we've moved...again! I know, its only been a few months since we got here, and you didn't think we would have to move that often, did you? Well, no worries because we have only moved a couple of blocks away! A couple of months ago we recieved a notice from the housing office here saying our home was one of the next in line to be demolished and rebuilt. You see, most of the homes located here were built in the 1940's, with countless residents and a history of temporary abandonment. In the past couple of years, the housing has started to undergo a revamp and our section of the neighborhood was next in line. We were offered a chance to move from our old 1940's home, into one of the brand new, never before lived in homes that were just finished up the street!

At first this was sort of frustrating, as we had just finished setting up the last room in our home a week or so before we received the notice! However, we soon were able to get a peek at the new homes and were very excited to move in. On top of the blessing of having a nice, new, clean home, we have also been blessed by our new neighbors. We first met them the weekend before we moved, as we were peeking in our new windows. We learned they are also from Minnesota, and we have very similar values and interests. Meeting them was just the encouragement I needed. It is so cool how God plans things!

Anyway, many of you have been wanting to see pictures of our new home...

Kitchen with new applicances, open to the living and dining rooms.
Another view of the kitchen, the door is....

my very own pantry!
Mud room to the right of the kitchen, leading to the garage.


Open layout

Dining area

Living area
Notice the park right up the hill from our backyard

The backyard

Long hallway leading to the bedrooms. The front door is just to the right of this photo.

Guest bath, there is a shower/tub to the left.

Room for the one on the way :)

Another shot of the room, ignore the dog - I swear he tried to get in every shot!

Laundry room

Ginormous guest bedroom/office. Bed is coming after Christmas.

Double closets in the guest bedroom.

Master bedroom

Another view of the master bedroom.
Walk in closet!

Master bath with dual sinks!

Master bath again.


View of the front from the kitchen window, its raining so I didn't want to go outside to get a good shot of the front!

3 comments:

  1. I love your new place!!! Being so close to a park will be wonderful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be wonderful, but we will be long gone before we could ever use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks sooooo great! I'm happy to hear u guys are blessed and happy. Give Gus a pat on the head for me, give Josh a high 5 for me, and give yourself a huuuge hug for me! I miss you lil mama.

    ReplyDelete