Monday, November 14, 2011

Prayerful and Thankful

It feels like there have been so many things to be in prayer about and to be thankful for, just within this past weekend! Within our "family" of friends we have had babies rushed to the hospital for high fevers, and surgeries being conducted this coming week. In our own family we have had a grandmother who had a heart attack and stroke, a mother with cancer and upcoming surgery, and for this baby to be making it past 12 weeks! Our hearts have been heavy with sorrow for others, while at the same time they are joyful for praise reports, and things to come.

It is times like these I am glad God is the one we can turn to for our comfort. I am thankful He is the one I can come to in order to lessen the burdens on my heart, and I am thankful that He shares in the joys we find in life. With so many things to pray about, I have to remind myself that ultimately He is in control. 

The way things turn out will not always be the way in which I had prayed for them to. Actually, most of the time they will be different than I wanted, whether that be good or bad. 

He is in control. 

I cannot be bitter because something didn't go the way I saw best. I must remember that the Lord has many plans I never see, and the strength of my prayers for others is not diminished because I prayed for something other than what ended up happening. 

He is in control.
__________________________________________________________________________________

As I mentioned earlier, J* and I are excited we made it to the 12 week mark! We are so thankful we have not had any difficulties so far, and are praying that continues for the remainder of this pregnancy. I mentioned to him that lots of people wait until this point to even announce they are expecting, I don't think either of us could have kept it a secret that long! 

We thought we should take a photo since everything I read says to keep a photo journal of the progress. (Even if there is not much to see...)




3 comments:

  1. love and miss you guys! These thoughts are so encouraging to me tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wisdom and faith sweetie. You are right, God is in complete control, we will rest in and trust Him alone! Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Chantal, you look gorgeous and Congrats on the baby! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete