Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas came early

Christmas came early to our house this year.

Normally, there is a strict rule in our home about Christmas: No Christmas music or decorations until the day after Thanksgiving.


However, this year I was granted special permission to put up the decorations early for two reasons.

1. We are hosting Thanksgiving this year, and we do not have any Fall/Thanksgiving decorations to make our home feel festive.

2. We will be traveling and will not get to enjoy the decorations for as long as we would like.

So of course I had to take full advantage of these special circumstances :)


There it is, The Christmas tree in mid-November. In all it's glory, sparkling and twinkling, bringing delight!

And of course, after it was finished I made hot cocoa for the both of us and forced J* to sit with me on the couch to stare at it. (That lasted about 30 seconds, but at least we ooh-ed and ahh-ed. I'll take what I can get.)

Now just to finish up the Christmas cards!

Oh, and make the Thanksgiving meal!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the tree!!!! OH.... I"m going to miss you and Rach not decorationg our tree this year!!!!! Who knows what it will look like without you guys to help!!!!!
    Maybe I will let the boys and Grace have a go at it!! That should be interesting!! :)

    ReplyDelete