Sunday, April 29, 2012

Exciting Weekend

What an exciting weekend! College graduation and a new car!!


And, I made it to 36 weeks! One more week, then come on baby!

After working furiously on my final assignments everything is now turned in and I just have to wait for my grades to be posted. As long as I don't have any nasty surprises, I will officially be a graduate by next weekend and have my B. S. in Psychology!! After 5 1/2 years and over $40,000 I am SO glad to be done! 

On Friday I attended an end of semester picnic at J*'s school, and got to meet all of his teachers. It was really fun to meet all of them after hearing so many stories, plus the food was delicious (I love ethnic food!). They ended up letting them out early, and we were both home by 3, which is REALLY early compared to normal. Just that alone made the weekend super great. 

Friday we also bought a new car! J* claims it's my "graduation present", but really we have known we were going to make this purchase for a while and it has absolutely nothing to do with me graduating. We ended up getting a 2008 Mazda5. It's technically a mini van, but who can tell? I had no idea until we opened the doors! (The back doors are the notorious sliding van doors, which actually doesn't really bother me now that we have it home. It's going to be a pretty useful feature for getting the baby in and out once inside the garage.) It seats 6 with all three rows up, and the back rows fold completely down for cargo space. There is also storage under the middle seat cushions, all the seat covers can be removed to be washed, and there is a moon roof! It handles pretty similar to our current car which is nice too. 










I am so proud of J*! He worked an amazing deal with the Jordanian sales manager at the dealership, schmoozing him his Arabic skills. 

Now on to the remainder of the weekend - a picnic and basketball game with our church life group tonight! Hope you had a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment