Thursday, December 6, 2012

Remember November

What a long month it's been.

After a 30 day whirlwind of visiting family {yes, pretty much all of them...which is really saying something since there are more than 30 family members on just one side of J*'s family alone!} eating our, or I guess my, weight in yummy treats and Thanksgiving foods we are so glad to be home.

Our trip was wonderful and I am so glad G finally had the chance to meet everyone! We are so blessed to have a truly wonderful family. Let's see if I can sum up our trip without writing a novel...



G's first plane rides were spent sleeping - Grandparent's day at the school of J*'s little brothers meant fun with the grandparents and two sets of great grandparents! - Teething began - A week of fun with my side of the family - A shopping trip at Mall of America - G started sitting up - Lunch and coffee dates with some amazing friends - G was a guest at his first birthday celebration for my cousin turning 6 - G received hugs from a strange grandma at a small shop in a small town - Weekend trip for G's first thanksgiving celebration in North Dakota - Meeting Great-Great Grandma for the first time -Drive home that turned into a disastrously long vehicle break down at a rest stop in South Dakota - Lots of baby giggles at said rest stop - More lunch and coffee dates - Second Thanksgiving celebration - Bridesmaid dress shopping for my sister in law - Fun day in the snow for G and meeting some farm animals - Last minute Bridal shower for the sister in law - Introducing Grey's Anatomy to my mother in law {yep, she's hooked} - Packing an extra suitcase to come home - Getting a ride to the airport from a friend because I somehow booked the wrong flight home - G crying on the airplane ride home - Walking aimlessly around the Dallas airport for my two hour layover trying to keep G entertained - Coming home to find J* had baked me cookies that said "I <3 U", a wonderful Christmas smell, Christmas music playing, and the tree lighted even though he was at work till midnight.




I think that just about sums it up. Hopefully I didn't forget anything.

*Apparently I ran out of picture space! There would have been more pictures...I'll have to figure that out!*

No comments:

Post a Comment