Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year!

!~Happy 2013~!

Another year is here once again and I am looking forward to making it count!

Top 5 moments of 2012:

1. The birth of my sweet baby boy. I have loved growing into my role as a mother, and I think I am safe in saying J* has enjoyed becoming a father.

2. Graduating college with a B.S. in Psychology. All that hard work paid off.

3. Learning more about the love of Jesus through becoming a mother than I would have with any other experience.

4. Bittersweet goodbyes to our friends in California. A new adventure awaits us. Although we miss the friendships we formed there we realize we take important things we learned from them and through them into our next chapter.

5. Visiting family and friends for an extended visit during November. It was hard to be away from J* for an entire month, but it was worth it to see everyone and have them meet our little man.

_______________

A new year always brings new goals and refreshes old ones.

In this new year I have resolved to:

 spend more time with my Lord and Savior, Jesus. I desperately need him in my life and my family desperately needs me to walk with him.

make fitness part of a routine. In past years I have managed to make most our meals from scratch, learned how to include more fruits and vegetables, and I rarely buy processed convenience foods. This is the year I learn to take care of my body beyond what I put into it. 

continue with our plan to get out of debt. It may not happen this year, but you better believe we will be going at it full force and will make a dent in that debt!


So how did this first week of the new year go? 

The two of us have started reading through a book called Visioneering by Andy Stanley. It is helping us to set goals and visions for our lives, and as helped me to spend more time with the Lord. 

I have worked out 4/5 days this week - 2 days of Insanity and 2 days of Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred. 

We managed to put some money towards debt and we found a USED baby walker for little G. 

I think I have done a pretty great job of keeping my resolutions so far (Even if it has only been a week!)







No comments:

Post a Comment