Monday, February 13, 2012

Lazy Sundays

Today I turn 25 weeks with this little guy!


And for a Sunday treat we had chocolate-chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast!


I found this recipe searching the internet a few weeks ago when I was craving chocolate - - for dinner. It is by far the best chocolate chip pancake recipe I have ever had, and I have made them for us several times since finding it!

Of course, I forgot to take a picture of my own so all credit for the photo and the recipe goes to Becky, at Beckybakes.net:


Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Pancakes:

2 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/4 cup cocoa
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp sugar
1 cup of chocolate chips (I use the mini chocolate chips)

Now, if you were to follow the recipe exactly you would mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside. I am too lazy for that so I always go for the wet ingredients first and add in the dry later:

Beat the milk and eggs together until light and foamy. Add in the melted butter. Add in the dry ingredients until blended, then add the chocolate chips.

After that, cook like normal pancakes! Yumm! 

I hope you had a nice, relaxing Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Those sound really good! Only about 15 weeks to go :)

    ReplyDelete