In case you didn't notice, yesterday was Valentine's day.
Normally J* and I will just do a dinner at home with maybe a card or something. No big deal.
This year is different.
A few weeks ago we planned to go out the weekend after Valentine's day to a cute little movie theater that I have been wanting to go to in Pacific Grove. It's part of our "Bucket List" for California since we won't be here forever. We were basically going to kill two birds with one stone, if you know what I mean.
Then last week we were driving home from that area of town, and I saw a cupcake shop...I have always wanted to go to one of those!
THEN, I saw a preview for The Vow. And I gave J* "the eyes". (You know, wide with batting eyelashes...)
A few days ago he revealed his plan to me. We would go see The Vow, and stop at the cupcake shop afterwards. Girl Heaven!! Cupcakes and a Chick Flick at the theater?? What a great date, I have been looking forward to Saturday ever since.
Then Monday came around. And J* brought these home with him:
Beautiful.
And Tuesday morning came around and I blurted out Happy Valentine's Day while realizing I forgot to write out the card I had picked out for him. (I am notorious for forgetting things like this...)
After dropping him off at work I realized just how dumb I was and how spoiled I was getting this year! So I came up with a master plan for when he came home from work.
It included a gift basket full of some of his favorite things, and a picnic of beer cheese fondue, and chocolate fondue in front of our electric fireplace. How much more romantic can you get?
Needless to say, he was impressed when he got home!
Not bad for last minute, eh?
Stay tuned for Valentine's Day Part 2!
You two are so adorable!!! I just love you both!!!
ReplyDelete