Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year, New Routine?

As you all know (unless you have been living under a rock) it is a new year! Time for self evaluations and resolutions - which often end up in failure.

Yesterday my weekly women's bible study started back up after a holiday break. It was so good to see all the wonderful ladies again and we of course spent a good deal of time chatting after the study.

One thing that was discussed during the study was ways to stay strong in our commitments. Many of the ladies talked of making schedules and lists (one thing I do best!) to keep on task with goals. It was mentioned how easy it is to get distracted, and how without a plan nothing ever gets done.


This is something I have learned since becoming a stay at home wife (soon to be stay at home mom!). If I do not get up with a to-do list, I think, "oh, that can be done later!" and then proceed to waste time doing something that is of no real importance.

All our discussions fell right in line with what my new year's resolution was - - making and sticking to a meal plan. However, the day before the bible study I had also come up with a different type of schedule to try and follow, a weekly cleaning schedule:

Monday: Laundry
Tuesday: Bathrooms
Wednesday: Sweeping and Vacuuming
Thursday: Clean up the backyard
Friday: Groceries

Courtesy

These are the main cleaning tasks I would like to accomplish every week. Granted, there will be bits and parts of these tasks that will not need to be done each week, but if I keep up on them cleaning should be quicker in the long run.

I have done great at sticking to my meal plan that I made, but how have I done so far on the cleaning schedule? Well...I have completed about half of each task for the week (which I don't think is too bad for just starting out!). Obviously I have some excuses (which I think are legitimate), but I am hoping that after I get into a habit it will become much easier to finish each task on the given day.

Do any of you keep a similar cleaning schedule? 

No comments:

Post a Comment