J* and I have been in Minnesota for the past two weeks visiting family and friends, a much needed vacation for both of us.
In the spirit of New Year's, we have spent some time reflecting on our blessings this past year and have made a couple resolutions for 2012.
We want to thank all of you who have helped us start this new journey in our lives over the past year, as well as the one to come in this new year. We cannot imagine having better friends and family to support us and have been blessed in numerous ways: (these are just a few)
- Support as J* joined the Air Force - Many of you sent letters and packages while he was training away from home
- Support for me when I was waiting to be able to join J*
- Comfort when my grandmother was sick and when she passed away
- Gifts for our little one on the way
Just about all the large purchase items have been provided to us. Yesterday we did the math, and so far, we have only spent around $75 on our little one. That includes two boxes of diapers and a portion of a diaper bag!
If you were someone who helped provide anything for our baby please know we are beyond thankful!
Now, didn't I mention New Year's resolutions?
Right...J*'s is the typical "lose weight" resolution. Not that I can blame him, it's technically part of his job to stay fit. That being said he is on a diet as of this morning :)
My resolution is to make a meal plan for every week in an effort to stay on track with our food budget. That way I don't buy things we don't need, and hopefully we can stay on track with eating healthy meals. The second part of this resolution is to eat two meatless meals a week. I was going to say just one meatless meal, but realized we probably already eat one meatless meal every week.
So, I bring you - -Meatless Mealtimes! (You know, a spin off of the "Meatless Monday" campaign.) I am going to do my best to remember to take pictures, but I will at least post the recipes for you.
What are your resolutions?
Yes, you are blessed and loved dearly! Love the nursery picture!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update! We have loved the pictures!! We arrived in Arizona on the first. Th house is great. Temps are in the high 70's!!! We are anxious to come and see you both!!! Only a week or so to go!!! Yea!!! :).
ReplyDeleteLooks so great!!! :)
ReplyDelete