Monday, January 30, 2012

Re-focused.

You know when you get out of your routine and it takes a good while to get back into it? That is what these past couple of weeks have felt like.

J*'s grandparents came to visit us, and ever since then things have been out of sorts. We had a great time with them, and even though the weather here was cold and rainy we were able to do most of the things we had wanted to do while they were here.

We went on a drive so they could see the beautiful coastal views in Pacific Grove:


We took a day to drive through Big Sur and visit Hearst Castle:




The guys went golfing and we went shopping in Carmel (and had tea and scones too!):



It was so nice to be able to have family come visit us here! We only wished they could have stayed longer than the weekend.

I think I wore myself out going shopping, because I was beat for 2 days!

Since they have been here I have also found an internship at the local high school in their counseling department. I start in just a couple of days and will be helping them with some projects, getting to know the world of a high school counselor. Should be fun.

It is one step closer to graduation in May! I can't wait! It has been a long time coming to be able to say I earned my Bachelors degree!

And with that, I must get ready to head to the library to start working on a paper...no time for procrastination now that I will have a "job" again!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your internship!!!! Those new dresses will come in handy, huh? With you working the days will fly by and before you know it, Gideon will be here!!!!! YIPEE!!! :) :)

    Hugs and our love to you all,

    Papa and Nana

    ReplyDelete