This week is week 20!
For the most part, things have gone pretty quickly. You can see in this picture my face is getting sorta chubby...not really liking that but what can I do?
We are finally halfway to meeting our baby. I only hope the second half goes as quickly.
We started out the week by enjoying another meatless meal on Sunday night. This time it was sloppy lentils! (Vegetarian Sloppy Joe's) I found the recipe on another blog, and unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of my creation so you get to look at someone else's wonderful photography!
Sloppy Lentils
2 cups water (the original recipe uses 3 cups, so notice the change for crockpot preparation!)
1 cup brown lentils, rinsed
salt to taste (optional)
1 cup chopped onion
15 oz can diced tomatoes (drained), tomato sauce or 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste, optional (as needed to thicken – especially if using tomato sauce)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
3 tablespoons rapadura, molasses, or honey
1 Tbsp white vinegar
salt and ground black pepper to taste
4 hamburger buns, split
cheddar cheese, grated (to top your lentils when serving)
Combine all your ingredients in the crockpot (besides the buns and cheese!). Turn on low and cook for approximately 5 hours, until lentils are tender and the mixture has thickened and absorbed most of the liquids. Serve on open faced hamburger buns and top with melted cheese, as desired.
They were yummy despite the absence of all that yummy hamburger and held up well on the hamburger buns. The recipe made enough to freeze about 3 more meals for the two of us. I will be making this again when we run out of the freezer stock, however I am going to add a little less (maybe even none) of the honey because it was a little too sweet for our tastes.

Your face does not look chubby! Halfway already! Are you finding out soon?
ReplyDeleteWe used to make those lentil sloppy joes a lot, now I'll have to make them again... I sort of forgot about them.
We find out Monday!
ReplyDelete