Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sticking to My Plan

Nest (v.): to form a nest for.

Week 30. Only 10 or so more weeks to go until this child makes his appearance. His room is almost finished, we have acquired just about all the items we need for his arrival, and we are feeling ready for this to happen. (At least, as ready as we think we can feel...)


I am almost finished and this pregnancy has been fairly easy in comparison to many things I have heard. In the early stages, I had nausea but no morning sickness - which I was able to keep at bay if I ate, so I did...(I would rather gain a few pounds than feel icky all day long!). The second trimester brought on anemia, which made me tired, irritable, and moody. Thank goodness for iron supplements! They have been a real life saver. Now, in the third trimester my only real complaint is that I feel like a basket case quite often. I will burst into tears over stupid things or my temper will flare at the drop of a hat.

Of course, there are also other symptoms I would rather avoid, but I know they are all normal - like being sore or uncomfortable, not being able to sleep at 3am, and having to use the bathroom constantly.

Now that we are getting closer, I am definitely starting to feel the need to "nest". I want to run to target and buy the rest of the items we need. I want to organize and clean the house for the guests that will be coming and so I know things are in their rightful place. I want to cook a bunch of meals for the freezer, make extra laundry detergent (yes, I make my own!), and make sure we have regular household items stocked so I don't have to make extra trips to the store all the time.

Even though I want to do all these things I am not letting myself.

I have a countdown. There are 2 weeks left of my 4 day a week internship. There are 6 weeks left before I have to turn in my last 2 papers for graduation. And there are about 10 weeks left until Gideon arrives.

I know that I am able to get things done pretty quickly (even though I have slowed down a bit). I am trying to save everything "baby" for those last 4 weeks once I am finished worrying about school. My hope is to avoid any unnecessary stress from trying to get my schoolwork in last minute and have plenty to do the last few weeks so I do not go crazy waiting around for Gideon's arrival. (Keeping everything till the last minute will also ensure I have plenty to do to try and go into labor!)

Of course, I have to give in and let myself do one or two small things on my list here and there, or else I can't focus on schoolwork. (Like right now I should be working on my homework, but I was thinking about all of this and needed to write!)

Once again, the verse from Ephesians is ringing in my ears:

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:15-16

I think this is a different translation from the one I quoted before, but it's truth is still ringing for this season before parenthood. I need to be wise in the use of my time. I have a plan that I need to stick to. First school, then baby. The time is ticking!

Sorry this was so long, and thanks if you stuck with it! I just needed to get it all out.

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet blog friend! I'm so glad you stopped to leave a comment! The Lord connects those who need to be connected in the coolest of ways sometimes...
    You can do this! :) And I don't say that because I know you, but rather because I know our God! It is evident that He dwells within your heart and though you have days where you lose it, or get overwhelmed, He's there, always willing and very able to hold you together!!

    Husbands are a funny thing ;) Often times I don't feel that mine is on the same page as me with this pregnancy, but then I remember, even when he is not, there are other people to turn to for support. Eventually, he'll learn to understand me and my needs just a little more, and we'll begin to jell in a whole new way over time. The next pregnancy will be loads different!

    I'll be following you in your journey!
    and keeping you in my prayers as well!
    Gideon will grow to be a mighty man and shape the lives of many!
    xoxo
    Amber Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so beautiful! continued prayers for a healthy preganancy, et al.
    Hugs. Moira

    ReplyDelete