Thursday, May 17, 2012

BBQ Chicken Pizza!

My life has been consumed lately with cleaning like a mad woman and resting. I have mentioned my long list of to-do's and, well, it's still really long since I have to take several breathers before I can finish each project. I have realized most of it won't get done and I am ok with that. The majority of it was deep cleaning anyway, so now that my house is mostly where I want it to be (I am still catching up with things I didn't have the energy to do while I was interning at the high school) I am not too worried about it. At least I now have a house clean enough to make me feel good! 

Does that bother anyone else? I always feel so much better in a clean house. 

J* has been counting down the hours until Friday evening. After Friday he is officially on a class break until after Memorial Day. He definitely needs the break, lately he has been taking naps on the weekends and going to sleep earlier than I even want to. Not normal behavior for him! 

I think he is secretly hoping I will go into labor today or tomorrow so he can go on break early!


Last night I made homemade BBQ chicken pizza. 

Usually, I try to save pizza for Friday's - pizza is just so much more fun on a Friday night! However, I haven't really felt like my normal cooking self and homemade pizza is practically effortless. 

Since having my bread machine I like to make up pizza dough and freeze it in the individual portions. I used to occasionally buy pizza dough in a can from the store, but we never thought the crust tasted all that great. Homemade pizza dough is fantastic! It thaws on the counter pretty quickly, and I just have to throw on toppings and pop it in the oven! 

The toppings are the fun part. So far we have had:

BBQ Chicken Pizza - BBQ sauce, onions, black olives, chicken, and jack cheese. Garnish with cilantro.
Egg Asparagus Pizza - Eggs, asparagus, mushrooms and cheese. 
Salami Pizza - Marinara, salami, black olives, mushrooms and cheese.

Plus just the normal pepperoni with different veggies.

Yummy and easy. Just what I need right now.

2 comments:

  1. wow you get up early...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you expect? I'm pregnant and can't sleep. Plus 5:30 is normal wake up time (military...remember??).

      Delete