If you know me at all, you know that I hate to spend money - especially on myself. I actually enjoy buying things for other people as long as the money is available, and would rather buy something for someone else than for me.
This is something J* has been trying to break me of since we have been together. It's not that strange for me to spend gifted money on essentials or necessities; this is a big No-No in J*'s family! Gifted money is for fun things (you know - - gifts!) and not needed things. Most of the time, J* has to really encourage me to spend a little money on myself , and I often feel guilty after the purchase. Treating myself is something I have gotten a little better at over the past few years, but I still need work sometimes.
Where is this going? Well, strangely enough I think I have received more gifts in the mail for my college graduation than I ever got for my high school graduation. Seems a little backwards, but still fun to receive graduation gifts when I am this old! This, plus celebrating my first mother's day has resulted in some fun new things around here, and I thought I would share my excitement with you!
__
Thanks to all the family who recently sent me something for graduation!
__
My Mother's day present from J* - an iPod dock!
It's been a really long time since we had a working stereo in this house. We have been forced to play music directly off our phones which don't get all that loud - translation: we can't really play music when we have guests over or hear our music from another room. I told J* I really wanted some sort of dock so that I could bring it to the hospital as I am pretty convinced I wouldn't be able to hear the music on my phone over all the medical equipment buzzing and beeping. We ended up getting really lucky. I saw this one on sale at Target for $50, a little more than I wanted to spend, but it was originally $80! And, it has several modes which I wasn't expecting (we just need one small cord and will be able to play our records through it too!). I've been super excited while using it all day, rockin' out with my Pandora stations :)
Unexpected find:
The best lotion on the planet.
No joke.
I found this at Target by accident and was seriously overjoyed!
Here is where I have to tell you a little background story:
J* has had the privilege of visiting Israel, twice.
On one (or both?) of his trips, he has brought this lotion back with him as gifts. It's made by AHAVA, and is made with the minerals from the Dead Sea. If your lost, the minerals in the Dead Sea do amazing things for your skin and people travel from all over just to swim in the Dead Sea.
Anyways....I was able to try some of this lotion when visiting J*'s family. His sister has somehow managed to save her lotion (don't ask me how she has done this when it is so amazing) and I like to use a little bit every time we are visiting. I have always wanted some of my own, but J* always told me that it was around $40 a bottle here in the states! Outrageous, especially when they bought it for less than $5 in Israel.
This bottle I found at Target for around $11. Whoa! I can totally afford that.
I think I just found a new beauty staple.
Also, just ordered these from Target and they will be here shortly!
Super excited, we need new dishes as we are currently using my great grandmother's apple blossom dishes, of which there are only four place settings and the bowls are too shallow and the coffee cups are tiny! We need at least 8 table settings (we like to have guests over) and the bowls and mugs aren't cutting it. Plus J* isn't a huge fan of the big pink flowers.
I can't wait for them to get here!
Have you made any recent purchases you are excited about?


Oh I'm so glad that you're buying things for yourself, and receiving gifts! You are worth it! I went through the same thing a couple years back... realizing that I could spend a little money on myself rather than everyone else. It's healthy.
ReplyDeleteAHAVA products are incredible!
also... love that these 3 things are from Target. It's pretty much one of my favorite places to go these days :)
Happy Monday Friend
xoxo