Friday, May 4, 2012

Full Term

Little Gideon Sy made it to full term! I haven't posted many pictures of my belly lately, mostly because I keep thinking J* and I are going to take some maternity photos which never seems to happen. Until this weekend - Stay tuned for those because I am making it a priority!

Not a lot has been going on around here, other than preparations for Gideon's arrival. The car seat is installed in the new car...which I just want to point out I am loving!! The moonroof is perfect for tanning while driving - well at least getting in some needed vitamin D - without having too much wind to mess up my hair and I love that I can listen to my Pandora stations in the car now, not to mention it just drives so nice! Anyway back to the preparations...I have made a few freezer foods for the times when it's just going to be too hard to get a meal out. So far I have made thaw and bake cinnamon rolls, enchiladas, and a couple of soup recipes. I am also planning on getting some meatballs frozen and making eggplant parmesan. 

My cleaning list is enormous and I will start on that one this next week in hopes it will put me into labor! There are also a couple things I would like to have finished in Gideon's room too. 

Besides all of these things, I have mostly been thinking about what to expect after he is here. I am not so worried about how the birth will go at this point but more so how our life as 'two' will be different as 'three'. What will our days look like? and What will be our new normal? I can't help but be a little sad that life as I know it will be changed forever. However, I am SO excited to meet this little guy and figure out who he is!

taken from thedailybuzz.com.au

All that to say, What are some of the things you remember about those first few months and all the changes that took place? I am curious to know, so leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. The first few months J was born were exciting and bittersweet at the same time. You do sort of miss your alone time, not to mention your sleep time! But you are so busy looking into those sweet precious eyes, you don't care so much. It is worth everything you give up to be the parents of a precious gift from God! The yawns, stretchs and sweet baby noises are the best!
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember it being a time of extreme self sacrifice, however, God gave me the strength each day to keep going another day! I love my sleep, so it was tough for me to be up all night breastfeeding, but it became a really special, Just me and Bri, time that now I miss :(

    It was a big change to always be needed, never be alone, always have a ton of baby stuff to take with you everywhere you go...you always have to be thinking 3 hours ahead! But now its like second nature, so no matter what you are thinking in the middle of it, it WILL get easier! Mostly because you just get used to it :)

    But the BEST change has been that i have truly learned what God's love for me is really like. Because I have never loved anyone like I love my daughter :)

    ReplyDelete