No weekend in photos today. Between two dinners with J*'s friends from post, a ladies fondue night with the girls from our weekly church life group, church, and a long game of disc golf I had plenty of opportunities for pictures, but sadly took none. I am hoping I get better at photo taking as little G arrives!
Anyways, in place of weekend photos you get a meatless mealtime. These are too few and far between anyhow! What's on the menu?
Eggplant Parmesean.
Mmmm-mmm
Anyways, in place of weekend photos you get a meatless mealtime. These are too few and far between anyhow! What's on the menu?
Eggplant Parmesean.
Mmmm-mmm
This is one of the few meatless meals I can make that gets zero (ZERO!) comments regarding the lack of meat. However, until recently I made this sparingly because the eggplant is usually fried in oil before layered and baked in the oven. Not very healthy.
A few weeks ago I came across this version from Martha Stewart (I know, I know...Martha Stewart) and it doesn't involve any frying. It is a little time consuming, but it freezes really well and I can get 2 8x8 pans out of one recipe. Completely worth it in my book.
Spray two large cookie sheets with Pam or grease with olive oil.
Slice the eggplant.
Dip in egg, then in Italian breadcrumb/parmesean mixture
Place on cookie sheet.
Bake for 25 minutes, then flip and bake for another 25 minutes.
Layer pasta sauce, eggplant, and mozzarella - twice, or even three times
(depends on the size of the eggplants being used)
Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese gets melty and bubbly.
So easy!
and so healthy.
Sorry for the missing finished product! We were in a rush to get out the door and I forgot to take more pictures. Maybe I will update next time I make it!
No comments:
Post a Comment