Thursday night brought the anticipation of getting the keys to our new home Friday morning, as well as a sick baby.
We got the car loaded up, except for the few things I would have to load up myself in the morning and went to bed later than we would have liked since it was J*'s first day of class on Friday and he had to be there EARLY - by 6:30am. Not long after we went to bed little G woke up, too congested to sleep. I was up and down with that little guy all night, and we had to wake up at 5:30!
After we dropped off J* on base, I headed home to try and get little G down for a nap so I could finish loading up the car. Poor little guy only slept 30 minutes, just long enough for me to have gotten everything ready to go down to the car.
I couldn't get him to go back to sleep, so I proceeded to walk up and down the stairs from our 2nd floor hotel room to our car with a baby in one arm and as much as I could carry in the other. By the 4th or 5th trip, Gus started to get anxious and I could hear him yelping in our room from where we had the car parked. I didn't want him to disturb the entire hotel, so I leashed him up and he took to the stair climbing with us. What felt like a bazillion trips later, the car was finally packed, we were all hot and sweaty an had just enough time to get to my meeting with the property management {who ended up being half an hour late...}
While signing the lease, the woman noticed huge pink stains all over the carpet and determined it would need to be pulled up an replaced. She notified her director, who notified the housing office here on base, and they all proceeded to walk through our home to inspect the carpet. Then, determined they needed to replace all of the carpet, upstairs and down.
Our things are being delivered Tuesday, and our signed for apartment is being re-carpeted on Monday!
That's not all...
As everyone traipsed through our new home, they realized the former tenants had done an extremely crappy job cleaning. It honestly looks like they packed up and left, doing the BARE minimum. While the place is "clean" by everyday standards, it has not been deep cleaned the way it should have been for a move out. I am not kidding you, the cabinets are dirty, the appliances are dirty, the shower head in the bath has calcified and the tub is dirty, there is dust on things, the patio and front steps are dirty with sidewalk chalk, and there are cob webs in corners.
Apologizing profusely, the management insisted they would take care of it all and are now going to be here Tuesday and Wednesday. They asked if we wanted to have them put us in a hotel, but honestly after living in a hotel for almost 2 weeks we are so over hotels and are just putting up with it. We may be getting a hotel room while they put in the carpet though.
This all in itself is horrible, especially after such a rough night and morning. But don't you worry, the bad news is still coming!
After everyone had left and little G had another failed attempt at napping {after having not had a nap all morning} I attempted to try and find some over the counter medicine to give him {unbeknownst to be that such medicine does not exist anymore}.
Returning home I called the clinic to see if I should bring him in to be seen. They directed me that I should take little G to urgent care since he was so congested with a cough.
Um, scary! He's never been sick before, and I have to take him to urgent care by myself {J* was still in class and I was unable to contact him} in a new town. Not to mention that we haven't switched our address with insurance yet so I had to call and ask someone what I had to do in order to make sure the visit was covered!
It turns out he isn't sick, he just has really bad allergies {as do I, I found out today}. Thankfully, the Dr. we saw was able to prescribe him an antihistamine {grape flavored!} and little G has been able to get some relief although he is still incredibly cranky.
I am praying this allergy season comes to an end soon so we can both feel so much better! Patience is hard to come by when everyone is sick and cranky.
Oh, and before I finish my sob story I forgot to mention this place is TEENY TINY! We are not even sure if all our stuff will fit, and a good deal of it may have to go into storage.
A quick mention of the positives {in an attempt to lighten my mood and stress level}:
-by living here J* can walk to and from class and will be able to come home for lunch breaks
- the commissary, BX, library, gas station, fitness center, and dog park is 5 seconds away
- we will save money on gas since J* can walk everyday {very important since moving is not cheap, the military does not pay for everything, and we will be moving again in 6 months!}
Thanks for listening to the story of my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day "y'all"! {I had to put that in there somewhere}
Next time won't be so negative.{promise!}
I am so sorry you had such a tough day:( I miss you guys! Tomorrows another day and the Lords mercies are new every morning! Love ya girl :)
ReplyDelete