Thursday, July 12, 2012

4 Ounces!

Update!

Yesterday we had a follow up appointment for little G. He gained 4oz! I am so glad. The Dr. and I discussed what may be going on, and we think it is just a lack of milk production on my part. That is an easy enough fix, so hopefully that is truly the problem.

We are continuing to supplement with formula in the meantime; G needs to get back up to his birth weight {at the least} and I need to work on getting more milk {Fenugreek supplements, if any are wondering}. We go back again on Monday to make sure his 4 oz gain was not just a fluke!

Since we started supplementing, {assuming G is getting a full belly} he has been much happier! He is more content, is smiling more often, being more chatty, and sleeping more. Last night he even slept for 6 hours, which I think counts as "sleeping through the night". Thank God for that! I greatly needed a longer period of sleep than just an hour and a half each time! {I am sure J* was thankful for that too, even though he doesn't get up with him during the week.}

Here are some new pictures to prove he is a much happier guy:




Calm enough to enjoy his new toy! Thanks to the family that "pitched in" to buy this!

Also, we took this video of him smiling the other morning. Sorry it's so dark, but it was 6am and neither of us were getting out of bed to flick on the light!

3 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures and video, his smile is sooooooooooooo sweet!!!! Anxious to hear that he is gaining more weight!!!

    Love
    Papa and Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad to hear this :) I'm totally jealous he slept for six hours! Love the smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, it was a-mazing! I hope Aurora starts eating less often soon and sleeping longer so you can get a break!

      Delete