Here we go! This is the official "Start" to our fitness goals. I am pretty excited about this, especially since I was able to convince J* to do it with me!
_____
This is a two-fold plan:
1. We are cleaning up our eating. We are pretty healthy eaters in general so we are not making too many changes to our diet. We are not cutting any foods from our diet, but rather being smarter about how much we eat and when we eat them. We will be eating lots of fruits, vegetables, and protein. We will also be trying to limit carbs in the evenings. We are additionally trying to drink LOTS of water.
2. Working out. Both of us will be working out, but doing very different things. Our goal is to include both cardio and strength training in our workouts.
We are being brave and posting our "before" pictures. All I can say is Oh My Gawsh! Not only is the lighting horrible and I am wearing absolutely no make-up, but we look pretty awful fitness wise!
Needless to say, I think I know where I will be looking when I need a little motivation to work out!
Please be kind.
2. Working out. Both of us will be working out, but doing very different things. Our goal is to include both cardio and strength training in our workouts.
We are being brave and posting our "before" pictures. All I can say is Oh My Gawsh! Not only is the lighting horrible and I am wearing absolutely no make-up, but we look pretty awful fitness wise!
Needless to say, I think I know where I will be looking when I need a little motivation to work out!
Please be kind.
_____
Bio: J*
J* wants to lose a max of 10lbs. He does not want to lose too much weight, but rather wants to gain muscle mass while lowering body fat percentage. Currently, he has PT {physical training} three times a week which includes strength training and cardio. He will be including jump roping, mountain biking, basketball, running, hiking, and strength training into his workout plan as well.
Bio: Me
What we've been eating so far:
1. Veggies and pretzels
2. Quinoa and lentil salad with salad shrimp and tomatoes {adapted from the L.A. Times)
3. Green smoothies
4. Strawberry spinach summer salad
Are you already working on getting healthy? Want to participate with us?
Leave us a comment for motivation!

Woo hoo!! Way to go! I like your plan!
ReplyDeleteI am working on it as well. Guess what I did today? Yup, i actually jogged! I walked fast on the treadmill and then jogged 5 min. Then walked again and then jogged 5 more minutes. 20 minutes in all. Ok, I KNOW this is pathetic, but at least I'm starting and trying. My goal is to be able to run. 2 miles. I'll let you know how I do, :-) love ya! Mom
That's great! You have to start somewhere, right? I told another friend that if I am able to start running that maybe we could do a short race together when I am home. Maybe you could do it with us?
DeleteSo proud of you guys for doing this!! I try to eat healthy but it's so tough when there are so many foods I like to indulge in! Haha I am trying to get myself back into a normal gym routine but it's tough in the summer. But I know when you guys set your mind to something, you follow through! So best of luck to you both!! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteThanks Katie! I know, the foods! Mmm...
Delete