Monday, July 30, 2012

Tilapia Baja Tacos


Fish tacos are one of my favorite goods. Light, yet filling, and bursting with fresh flavors. They can be made a bunch of different ways, but here is my go-to recipe {that is, until I find another one I like!}.
Maybe not the most appetizing picture, but that's what I have from our picnic last Friday.
Recipe adapted from myrecipes.com

Blackened Tilapia Baja Tacos

For the Fish:
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp ground red pepper {or red pepper flake}

Heat 2 tbsp oil in skillet {I usually use a non stick skillet and olive oil}. Rub spice mixture over fish fillets. Cook over med heat, turning after 2-3 minutes.

This spice mixture is from the original recipe, which calls for 4-5 tilapia fillets. I usually use about half the spice mixture and 3 fillets and just save the extra spice blend for the next time I make them {yes, we have them that often!}.

For the Sauce:
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Jalapeno
1/2 lime
3 tbsp chopped cilantro {or more if you like}

Seed jalapeno and throw into food processor to dice. Throw in remaining ingredients and pulse to create sauce.

Layer fish, sliced onion and avacado onto a corn tortilla. Drizzle with sauce. Add a sprig of cilantro and  a spray of lime if your feeling fancy.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment