Fitness.
It's something I was working at before I became pregnant. However, I was a beginner and quickly got scared that my new running routine would cause me to miscarriage. {by the way, that's a myth} So, I quickly traded in my workout routine for nausea and walking {which honestly didn't happen all too often with the constant nausea}.
Now I am wishing I had not done that.
Sure, I was walking A LOT in my third trimester {we are talking several miles a day}, most of it being toward the end of course! But the damage was already done.
I gained an enormous amount of weight while pregnant and blew up like a balloon {a water balloon, that is!} near the end. And, while I have lost a large amount at almost 7 weeks postpartum, I still have a long way to go to get back to my pre-pregnant size, and even further to go to get down to my even healthier "ideal weight" {which is what I was working towards when I became pregnant}.
![]() |
| credit |
In the next week, I am going to really get serious about my fitness plan. Although I am feeling great right now {NOT being pregnant will do that!}, I want to get back to my regular self, feel healthier, and feel good about my body.
My plan is to update once a week on my fitness goals and progress. {Please give me grace there!!} I want this public forum to keep me accountable to my goals and help inspire me {and maybe even others} to get healthy!
Stay tuned for the "start"!
P.S. - I am going to try and get J* in on the action with me ;)

I am giving you strength now to get it done. Your Gramma G and I are working on our own belly fat problem. Trying lots of greens and
ReplyDeletesmoothies and beans, beans, beans. Wish us luck.
Our's is an age thing. You have a better chance of getting it done. Keep up the good work. Judy
Thanks Judy! And, in the words of J*, "Does't Grandma G already eat like that??" haha.
DeleteWish we lived closer, so we could have workout dates! Are you going to try Insanity?
ReplyDeleteI know! I so wish we lived closer so our kiddo's could have playdates and you could help motivate me! I want to get up to insanity, but we haven't ended up buying it yet. I don't think my body could handle it right now anyways, but hopefully soon!
DeleteGood for you! You can do it! :-)
ReplyDelete