Guess who's got some new tricks?? Yup, this guy!
Little G has been wanting to bear weight on his legs an awful lot lately so we were excited to try out the jumper. We have to stuff a towel in with him to keep him from falling over, but he loves it! He also is into grabbing things off the tray when he is in it, which he hasn't really done much when playing with his other toys. It's so fun to watch him learn new things!
It all started out Friday afternoon. J* had a 4 day weekend {really 3 1/2 days, the AF considers going in for a mandatory "fun" battle between the two squadrons as a day off}. Once J* got back home, we fixed a quick lunch then headed out to the county fair. It was service member's day - free admission! We met up with our friends, Jessica and Jeff, and made our way through the barns of animals, agriculture, and arts. We also picked up some yummy deep fried Oreos and a deep fried Twinkie.
![]() |
| Powdered sugar disaster |
![]() |
| This one's for you cousin Katie! The Ferris wheel |
![]() |
| Completely zonked out. It was a long day! |
Only thing that could have made it better? Cheese curds. Which, by the way, NO ONE around here has ever heard of. I'm sure that's got to be some sort of sin. It's been two years in a row now without cheese curds! The fair experience just isn't the same without them.
Saturday was spent hanging out at home and getting ready to have some good friends over for dinner, Jorge and Lauren and their daughter Brielle. I so wish I had gotten some pictures, but I just didn't think of it. What was on the menu? Rosemary Pork Chops with a Strawberry Basalmic sauce, lemon green beans, and seasoned quinoa. Lauren brought over molten chocolate cakes with vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. So good.
Sunday we were pleasantly surprised with a full nights sleep because little sleeping 12 hours during the night! That morning J* played worship at church while little G and I hung out at home and sang a little worship together! I am so thankful for that little man!
Later that day we had our friends Jessica and Jeff over again for a fun game of Clue, grilled burgers and homemade Kahlua! {Just a warning, if you are headed out to the library keep a lookout for Colonel Mustard with a lead pipe!}
Monday proved to be just as fun, little G had another FULL night of sleep, I was able to get in a good workout, I made us an amazing southwest omelette, hash browns and left over quinoa brunch {complete with yummy spiked kahlua coffee, who needs mimosas to complete brunch when you have that??}
Unexpected, surprise call from the newly engaged couple {J*'s sister} asking all three of us to be in the wedding!!!
Pastry baking and an afternoon walk around the neighborhood rounded out the weekend before settling down for the evening.
Honestly a perfect Labor Day weekend!
How did you spend your long weekend?













Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! :) So I nominated you for the Liebster Award - see my latest post for more info :) -d
ReplyDelete