A friend of mine sent me the Leibster award. In all honesty, it's not
really an award by normal standards, but rather a nice way of saying,
"Hey! I read this blog on a regular basis and I enjoy it enough that I
think you should read it too!" It's about connecting in the blogging
community and growing your blog.
It was flattering to know someone other than family enjoys hearing about our lives and my attempts at keeping myself entertained.
So, What exactly is the Liebster Award?
According to Danya, “The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcoming.”
The rules for the Liebster Award are…
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you & create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them. {Remember, no tag backs!!}
______
11 facts about me
1. I worked at a vineyard during high school. One of my favorite jobs. I got to learn about wine making - the growing and picking, the pressing, the fermenting, the bottling - the whole deal! I worked there with two of my good friends, and we had so much fun! Because of that I have an appreciation for wine and love trying new kinds.
2. I attended and received my B.S. in psychology from a bible college. I am proud to say that I think my education was worth every penny because I have already found my built in bible minor and my psychology major useful in these first few months since I finished my degree. How many people can say that??
3. I love everything domestic and find that everyday I love more and more the fact that J* allows me the freedom to stay home and cultivate our home and family life.
4. One day I would love to own a lake house in northern Minnesota. A place where my family can go to get away and create memories together.
| Stolen Instagram from my dear friend Allison! Thanks Al! |
5. My grandmother raised me from the time I was two years old and into adulthood. I am so thankful for her, and miss her dearly {she passed away a little over a year ago}. Around the time her health started to decline I was learning the value of having your parents as your friends. I wish this was a lesson I had been able to learn earlier, so that we could have had more time enjoying each other's company.
7. I grew up in a very small family and wanted to have 5 children from the time I was a little girl. When I got married I joined a very big family and still wanted 5 children after observing the craziness of it all. Now that we have started our own family and I have experienced how much fun being a parent is I still want that many children!
8. I enjoy the look and feel of stationary and I really enjoy writing a good thank you or note to those that I love!
9. The relationship between food and the body fascinates me. I am always looking for something new to learn about it. I have even thought about going back to school for some sort of nutrition or dietitian program.
10. My favorite season is fall. I love the anticipation of a new school year, the crinkling of leaves underfoot, the magnificent colors and the crisp, cool air.
![]() |
| Source unknown |
11. I am contemplating homeschooling little G. Of course, our lifestyle and where we are living when he gets to be school aged will be a big factor in our decision. I am torn because I remmeber how much I loved going to school when I was little. - The jury is still out on this one!
______
And now for The questions Danya has left me with:
1. What is your signature Starbucks drink?
Oh, Starbucks! Although I would generally prefer purchasing a specialty drink from a local shop, I do still love Starbucks. Getting a drink from anywhere is a special treat; we are on a pretty tight budget and I know J* would not appreciate me running to get a coffee every time I had errands. When I do get coffee, I generally get one of three things: a vanilla latte, an iced mocha, or a caramel macchiato {hot or iced}. The vanilla latte is for the days I really want to relax and enjoy my treat, the iced mocha is for those hot summer days, and the caramel macchiato is for when I am just feeling like something fun and different. I suppose that maybe counts as four. Oh well.
2. What was the last book you read?
I am actually pretty excited about this question because I have been getting back into reading now that I am finished with schoolwork. We recently purchased a used Kobo {the Borders Books version of the Kindle} and it had 100 classics already loaded onto it. The first book I read? Anne of Green Gables, by Lucy Maud Montgomery. And, just the other night J* and I finished The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, by Arthur Conan Doyle {this was our nightly read to little G}.
3. What was your best summer 2012 memory?
Having my baby. Maybe not necessarily the process, but having a baby takes over your life {not a lot of time for galavanting around in those first few months}. And it trumps everything, too. The day to day motherhood joys far outweigh any particular memory I have for the past few months.
4. Who do you confide in?
My husband. Having moved far from everything we know, he has been my solid rock. Of course, I have friends here and back home that I know {and do} call on when I need some backup, but he is always there. The only exception to this would be when we live apart. Sometimes it's just easier {and better} that certain things are left unsaid! There's nothing like crying about not being with the someone you miss the most, to the person you miss the most, to cause unneeded stress in an already stressful situation!
5. What is your dream date?
Italy. Gondola ride. A meal sitting at an outdoor table surrounded by sights and sounds of Italians going about everyday life. J* taking me sightseeing to places he's already been. Gelato. Oh and throw in some sort of cooking lesson from an old Italian grandma.
That would be perfection.
| Source Unknown |
6. Where do you hope to one day travel?
Oy, this is a loaded question. Can I just say everywhere and anywhere?? Except Las Vegas. For that place, I really have no desire. Not sure why but I have just never wanted to go there.
I would really love to tour Europe and Israel.
7. What is your favorite thing in your wardrobe?
I have two: an extremely cute, knee length, yellow flower printed dress that I bought for my husband's graduation from basic training, and a simple, black, structured work dress from Target. I can't fit into either right now, which makes me sad. It's been way to long since I have been able to wear them, but I am getting there! Those may be bad explanations, sorry....I'm not a fashionista.
8. Sweatpants or denim?
I love a good pair of jeans but right now sweatpants {or workout clothes} totally win. I still don't fit into my ore-pregnancy clothes and I refuse to spend money on in between clothes!
9. Gold or silver?
Gold. All the way. I have very few silver pieces, and all my "real" jewelry is gold. I think it just feels richer {the tone, not as in money} and since I have more olive undertones in my complexion it looks better too.
10. Twilight or Hunger Games?
Well, since I have not read or seen either {I know, Gasp!} my opinion is pretty worthless. However, I am leaning toward Hunger Games. They are at least on my list, whereas Twilight is not.
11. What inspired you to write your blog?
I wanted to start my blog for friends and family after we moved across the country for the Air Force. It is hard to keep in touch with everyone when you are so far away, and although I know not every family member and friend reads it like I would hope I enjoy knowing that if they were really curious, they have an easy way of finding out what we are up to. {We have a big family, and it is nearly impossible to keep up. This way I know the information will somehow get passed through the grapevine, rather than us falling off the face of the planet if I don't get to talk to someone.}
______
My Nominees:
I am supposed to have 11 of these?! Well, that's just too bad because most of the blogs I read have more than 200 followers, so you only get three (and one is cheating)!
1. Bless This Mess
2. A Happy Wife with a Happy Life
3. The Lee Family Happenings
Questions for those I have nominated:
1. Where is your favorite place to go and relax?
2. Do you have any special talents?
3. If you could pursue any dream, what would it be?
4. Where are you headed in the next 5 years?
5. Cooking or baking?
6. Favorite fall tradition?
7. What is your go to recipe to bring to a get together?
8. What is your favorite photo from the past year?
9. Favorite way to be a blessing to someone?
10. Name an item you splurged on recently
11. What are you most looking forward to as the holiday season approaches?

Thanks! This is done 100 x's better than any other I've seen. Adorable really. And I agree with your sentiments towards homeschooling. I loved school but I just don't want to send my babies!
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks Melissa!
Delete