Monday, August 6, 2012

Wanderlust:Point Lobos


J* had a new idea for the blog, which I am thrilled about because even though I am the one writing, I have always told him this blog is just as much "his" as it is mine since it's about our family! I also just think he has a good idea :)

He wants to do a weekly or biweekly series on our travels as a military family. This way, you get to do a little traveling with us and we have purpose to get out of the house and remember to take lots of pictures with our camera. {Which we forgot to grab as we headed out the door, so these are iPhone pics!}

______

This weekend we headed to Point Lobos Reserve, a beautiful scenic park with hiking trails. It is located just south of Carmel, and is FREE to the public if you park along the hi-way and walk on {or you can pay $5 - I believe - to park inside. However, parking space is limited inside and you may end up waiting in line for a while until another car leaves the park! The park does take reservations though!}

We have gone here before, and I have been begging to go again. We haven't gone as often as I would like simply because dogs are not allowed! Poor Gussy!


Perfect time to test out our new jogging stroller! We took G on his first hike, which really did end up being a hike rather than a stroll. I guess that's what you get when you take a trail through the pine woods!
Both the stroller and G handled it well.


A quick little map of the area.



We packed a picnic lunch and ate on a scenic bench by the water. It's really unfortunate there was a parking lot behind us. Oops! Didn't think of that when I took the picture.


There are amazing rock formations by the water. I don't know the "story" behind them, but they are super cool and I have never seen anything like them before!







Fog over the mountains.



Love these moss covered trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment